Thursday, February 15, 2007

Skeptics, atheism and unbelief


I am preparing a sermon series that will begin after Easter entitled Confronting the Skeptics. As is obvious by the title, the messages will deal with the issues of unbelief and how to address those who are skeptical of - or hostile to - religious faith. It will also deal with the questions and issues that arise from the challenges of unbelief.

In preparation, I am reading a number of books by both unbelievers and also by Christian apologists. One book is God: The Failed Hypothesis, How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist by Victor J. Stenger. While he makes some interesting arguments, he leaves me as unconvinced as I'm sure he would be by my arguments.

If you have any comments regarding this topic I would love to hear from you. Feel free to respond to this post or email me at davidcharlton@bellsouth.net

No comments: